I love this recipe, it gives quiche a whole new taste. Hubs does NOT like quiche, but fell in love with it. Enjoy, and let me know what you think if you get a chance to make it.
Hash Brown Quiche
Prep time: 34 minutes
Baking time: 25 to 30 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup chopped cooked ham
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Press hash browns between paper towels to remove excess moisture. Press onto bottom and sides of an 8-inch pie plate. Drizzle with butter. Bake for 25 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350ºF.
- Combine ham, Cheddar and bell pepper in a medium bowl and mix well. Spoon into the hash brown crust.
- Beat eggs in a small bowl. Add milk, salt and black pepper and mix well.
- Pour egg mixture over ham mixture. Bake until set, about 25 to 30 minutes. (I like to broil it for about a minute when done)
- Variation: Add 1/4 cup finely chopped onion to the ham mixture.
Tip: To double the recipe, use a 13 × 9-inch baking dish. Press the potatoes into the baking dish as directed, then mixed and baked the quiche according to the recipe. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
Enjoy! Have a great weekend!