Prep time: 21 minutes
cooking time 11 to 12 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 16 ounces fusili pasta
- 1 cup each sliced yellow squash and zucchini
- 1 cup each julienne red bell pepper and chopped green bell pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 small tomato, peeled, crushed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain well.
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add yellow squash, zucchini and bell peppers. Boil for 2 minutes. (drain) Rinse with cold water. (drain)
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté vegetables and green onions in the butter until crisp/tender. (about 3 to 4 minutes)
- Add the chicken broth and tomato. (bring to a boil) Cook until reduced by half. (about 5 minutes)
- Add pasta to tomato mixture and cook for 1 minute. Transfer mixture to a large bowl, add Parmesan, parsley, salt, black pepper and toss lightly. Serve immediately.
Enjoy! Have a great weekend!