Chicken & Garlic Vegetables
Prep time: 28 minutes
Baking time: 45 minutes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 4 large carrots
- 12 cloves garlic
- 8 ounces small white mushrooms
- 4 chicken breast halves
- Fresh thyme sprigs for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Combine lemon juice, olive oil, salt, rosemary, thyme and pepper in a small bowl and mix.
- Peel potatoes (if desired) and cut into chunks. Cut the carrots into chunks. Combine potatoes, carrots, garlic and mushrooms in a 12 × 9-inch baking pan.
- Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice mixture to vegetable mixture and toss to mix. Place chicken on top, drizzle with remaining lemon juice mixture.
- Bake in upper third of oven for about 20 minutes, reduce temperature to 375.
- Bake mixture until an instant-read thermometer inserted in center of the meat registers 180. (about 25 minutes)
- Transfer chicken and vegetables to a serving plate using a slotted spoon. Drizzle with pan juices. Garnish with fresh thyme sprigs. (if desired)
Tip: This meal is excellent with parsnips! Peel two carrots and two parsnips, cut into chunks.
Enjoy! Have a Great Weekend!