Happy Friday Everyone!
I plan on doing a lot of grilling this weekend, which also means Potato Salad and Deviled eggs. I can never get enough of those yummy little eggs. So simple and fun to make, I had to post both recipes. :)
- 1 5 lb bag of potatoes (red or white, I prefer the red)
- 4 eggs
- 1 small onion
- 1 celery
- 2 tsp Relish
- 2 tsp mustard
- 4 tbsp Miracle Whip
- A pinch of Salt & Pepper
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Rinse potatoes thoroughly. Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with at least two inches of cold water. Bring water to boil and cook until tender. Don’t allow the water to boil out. Remove from heat, pour out water and allow to cool, then dice into squares. (I don’t usually peel the potatoes, but it’s up to you)
- Boil eggs in a large pot, (See chart below for boiling time) make sure eggs are in a single layer. Add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat. Remove and let stand for 10 minutes before chopping.
- Dice the onion and celery.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and gently mix together. Serve Warm. (Sprinkle with Paprika if desired)
- 12 large eggs
- Ice water
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp mustard
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Salt and black pepper
- Boil eggs in a large pot, (See chart below for boiling time) make sure eggs are in a single layer. Add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat. Remove and let stand for 10 minutes. Drain, then cover with ice water, Let stand until cool.
- Peel eggs, then cut in half. Scoop the yolks into a medium bowl, set egg whites aside. Mix the yolks with the mayonnaise, mustard and cayenne; season with salt and black pepper. Spoon the yolk mixture into the egg white halves and sprinkle with paprika.
Use the following cooking times as a guide for the desired firmness for the yolk of each egg size (the whites will be firm).
|Egg Size||Degree of Doneness||Time Required|
|Medium||Soft-cooked yolk||3 minutes|
|Medium-cooked yolk||5 minutes|
|Hard-cooked yolk||12 minutes|
|Large||Soft-cooked yolk||4 to 5 minutes|
|Medium-cooked yolk||6 minutes|
|Hard-cooked yolk||17 minutes|
|Extra Large||Soft-cooked yolk||5 minutes|
|Medium-cooked yolk||7 to 8 minutes|
|Hard-cooked yolk||19 minutes|
Enjoy! Have a great weekend!