- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast meat – cubed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- bay leaves 2
- butternut squash
- Prepare the couscous according to package directions.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat, and cook onion, (until tender)
- Mix in onion, bay leaves, cumin, paprika, cloves, garlic, cinnamon, turmeric, lemon juice and cayenne pepper. Simmer about 10 minutes.
- Place chicken in the pot, and cook until well browned.
- Pour garbanzo beans, chickpeas, celery, tomatoes, and broth into the pot, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 25 minutes.
- Mix carrots and zucchini into pot. Season with salt. Continue cooking 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve stew over cooked couscous.
Enjoy! Have a great weekend!