More than 50 years ago, English physician Edward Bach developed the healing floral remedy from Honeysuckle. (along with 38 other floral essences) Honeysuckle is intended to promote emotional healing, as well as help patients regain hope and live for the present. It is usually recommended for those who dwell on an idealized past and who obsessively focus on the missed opportunities of life.
The true honeysuckle used to prepare this floral essence belongs to the genus lonicera. The petals of the flowers are red on the outside and white on the inside, once pollinated turn yellow. Honeysuckle is a climbing plant that can grow up to 12 feet. There are about 180 species of honeysuckle, 100 of which occur in China, with only about 20 in Europe, India and North America.
“Longing for the past is fear of the future”
Taking the Remedy:
Floral remedies are sold in most health food stores, usually as a bottled flower essence.
- Mix a few drops of the flower essence, or a combination of essences with spring water.
- Sip the mixture several times daily.
The honeysuckle temperament:
People most likely to benefit, are those that have deep regrets about the past. Typically they are unable to overcome a loss or separation from a loved one. The sole source of comfort are memories of past comfort and joy, making it impossible to enjoy the present.
- Honeysuckle’s relaxing and revitalizing effect is used to help people overcome a negative outlook on life.
- The flower can also build powers of concentration and instill optimism about the present and future.
Try a few of these simple activities, they may improve your outlook and help you regain hope.
- Try to maintain a positive attitude.
- Say yes to your life, and to the here and now.
- Sit by a stream and let its steady flow soothe you.
- Visit one of your favorite places from your past, let yourself discover new things. You may be surprised by what you will find.
- Find a new creative activity or hobby that requires your attention.
- Practice deep breathing and exercises to help you relax.
Honeysuckle for children:
May aid children facing traumatic life changes. These children generally cry and talk about how they miss their former situation. Honeysuckle may relieve this stress and build confidence.
- Can help with children who are homesick.
- Helps to cope with separation or divorce.
- An unsettled move to a new home or distraught about entering kindergarten.
For relief from grief or shock following a death or tragedy.
- Honeysuckle can be combined with Star of Bethlehem.
- Add 3 drops of the wildflower mixture to 1/2 oz. of water. (sip slowly)
Signs of a blocked mental state:
- Glorifying the past
- Being homesick and melancholy
- Longing for the past
- Regretting missed opportunities
- Not being able to overcome a loved one
- Having difficulty with everyday tasks
- Unable to concentrate
Signs of transformation:
- New and Positive outlook
- Being alert
- Open minded
- Sharpened memory
- New and creative activities
- Feeling joyful
- Learning from a past or present experience
- Being optimistic about the present and future
Tip: Honeysuckle may also help people confront, and move beyond, suppressed painful experiences from the past.
Warning: The berries are toxic.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Albert Einstein
- The Complete Guide to Natural Healing
Note: Consult with a Physician or certified herbologist if you are seeking medical remedies. The information is not intended as medical advice. PagansWorld.org is not liable for the misuse of the herb listed above.
Thanks for stopping by! Well wishes to you all, have a great day!