Prep time: 36 minutes
Cooking time: 7 to 10 minutes
Partner: Herbed Vegetable Medley
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined (about 25 to 28 shrimp)
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place pasta in enough boiling water to cover by 1 inch in a large stockpot. Cook according to package directions; drain well. Keep warm.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add green onions, cumin and hot pepper sauce. Cook, stirring continually, until green onions are tender, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp to green onion mixture. Cook, stirring frequently, until shrimp turn pink, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove shrimp from skillet.
- Increase the heat to high. Add the orange juice and lime juice. Cook, stirring frequently, until liquid is reduced to 1/3 cup, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove skillet from the heat. Stir in the remaining butter 1 tablespoon at a time. Stir in cilantro, orange zest, lime zest and salt. Stir in shrimp.
- Divide pasta evenly among 4 individual serving plates. Spoon equal portions of shrimp mixture over pasta.
Enjoy! Have a Great Weekend!