Clematis (also called Traveler’s joy or Old man’s beard) is a flowering vine of the Ranunculaceae family. The vines can grow up to 100 feet long and can completely blanket trees and other plants. Each blossom is made up of 4 greenish-white fluffy sepals and feathery filaments that turn silvery and thread-like in the fall.
Clematis can be a great remedy for someone who tends to live in a dream world, and takes little interest in day-to-day events. It also helps with people that may be frustrated with life and have unrealistic ideals. It can stimulate creative potential and encourage a person to envision their dreams and become focused.
Taking the remedy
- Add a few drops of clematis-flower essence to a glass of non-sparkling spring water, sip throughout the day.
- Pour a few drops of the clematis water into a small dropper bottle. (preferably glass) Put a few drops under your tongue several times a day.
For those who live in the past, a flower-essence mixture of clematis and honeysuckle is helpful.
- Add 2 drops of each to a bottle filled with 1oz. of non-sparkling spring water. Put a few drops under your tongue 4 or more times a day.
The clematis temperament
- In a daze all the time
- Avoids activities
- Becoming addictive to reading or watching TV
- Daydreaming about the perfect future, but not taking action
- Feeling you are artistic and creative, but wont take action because you are more concerned with home and family
- Uninterested in practical matters
- When you are ill, you don’t try to regain your health
Children who need Clematis
Clematis increases a child’s attention span and promotes endurance and focus.
- Sleeps too much
- Falls a lot
- Can get stuck and tear clothing
- A fertile imagination is a special one, but illusions can leave you feeling empty
- Set a reasonable goal, find a way to achieve it
- Have down to earth hobbies (i.e. cooking, gardening)
- Have creative activities (i.e. painting, drawing, knitting)
Vision without action is merely a dream. Action without vision just passes the time. Vision with action can change the world! – Joel Barker
Sign of clematis state
- Daydreaming & Lethargic
- Neglectful & Absentminded
- Lack of Sleep & Tired
- Always in a Fantasy World
- Poor Memory
- Poor Vision and Hearing
- Lack of Creativity
Signs of transformation
- Renewed Creativity
- Concentration & Focus
- Spirited & Enthusiastic
- Realistic Thinking & Attitude
- Clear Minded
- Able to Find Solutions to Problems
Tip: Clematis helps relieve postpartum depression. It can also help bring you back to reality when you feel as if you are outside of yourself.
- The Complete Guide To Natural Healing
Note: Consult with a Physician or certified herbologist if you are seeking medical remedies. The information is not intended as medical advice. PagansWorld.org is not liable for the misuse of the herb listed above.
Thanks for stopping by! Well wishes to you all and have a great day!